Some useful advice:
- Sleep in.
- Don’t do anything in particular. Because you can.
- Go to movies. Watch something profound or entertaining, but not obviously crappy (no romantic comedies, action films or parodies).
- Listen to the music that was popular when you were 14 and that you considered crappy at the time. It’s still crappy, but at least you get to remember your early teens.
- Visit blogs, comment, update your own website.
- Make love to your loved one.
- Eat popcorn. Lots of it.
- Think about your novel. Plan it. Research. Daydream. Then plan and research again. Then daydream. And daydream a little more. It’s good for writing. It’s necessary.
- Go to bed at 4 AM. Because you can.
- Relax, take it easy. Don’t try to do way too many things.
Well, it looks like I did follow those tips this weekend (well, most of it). My husband and I are going to cinema tonight (to get a proper watching of “Sherlock Holmes”, because we decided watching a fun film again is better than giving more money to something we are sure it’s not really our thing (“Avatar”). But I will watch “Avatar” and talk about it- just not at the moment. For now, I want to relax, have fun, do nothing and don’t think about anything really profound… Except my novel.
Bonus track: 25 things I learned reading “Twilight”
This is a long overdue, last (?) installment of “Twilight” spitttings. So I realized it’s best to post them here first, then move them to their appropriate page in the spittings section.
- Sex with a vampire can kill you, but only if it’s premarital.
- Abusive, controlling behaviour is ok as long as it’s “true love”.
- So is pedophilia.
- Women are inferior to men.
- If they’re not, they’re infertile.
- Bad people are ugly, good people are beautiful (even if they don’t find themselves pretty and bitch about that all the time).
- Kids treat their parents as crap.
- It’s possible to be non-white and attractive (in a wild, uncivilized way), but it’s not nearly as attractive as being pale and white.
- In order to know anything about cars and sports, you must posses Y chromosome.
- If your boyfriend of 6 months leaves you, it’s perfectly ok to become suicidal.
- Blond females are stupid, bitchy and mean. All of them.
- Using swear words is bad, but stalking someone isn’t.
- Desire to have sex is a good enough reason to get married.
- Girls don’t need any skills apart from cooking, and no ambition apart of finding a man.
- Clumsiness is attractive. Safety helmets are sexy.
- People with bad complexion are not worth your attention.
- In order to feel smart, you should read classics such as Jane Austin and Shakespeare. You don’t have to understand a word of what you’ve read, though.
- Being forced into a relationship is romantic.
- Obsession and lust are easily confused for a true love.
- It’s perfectly ok for a father to hate his own child.
- Policemen are cowards.
- Being older than your boyfriend is a major disaster.
- It’s perfectly ok to neglect your child if you want to have sex.
- Logic is highly overrated.
- In order to sell a book, you don’t need any talent, writing skills or an editor.